Tuesday, June 30, 2009
We have a date!
Well, we got "the call" today that we had been waiting for from the surgical scheduler at the artificial eye replacement doctor's office. Sage will be have her eye removed (enucleation) on Thursday, August 13th. It feels so good to have a date set. She will see her pediatric opthamologist in a week or so to get fitted for glasses. The intent will be to protect her good eye as well as conceal her fake eye until she has the prosthetic placed on top since until that point it will just be pink. She will continue to wear them afterwards as well. Like I said in the previous post, the whole process from eye removal, healing, to the prosthetic being placed on top of the fake eye will be about 3 months. So, if all goes according to plan she will have her new eye by Thanksgiving. We received her referral last November 25th. A year later she should have her new eye. How cool. I think Thanksgiving will always have special meaning for us and our little Sage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
This is exciting news!
Awesome!
I loved meeting her and getting kisses all over my face. Thanks for having us visit and I'm marking my calendar with that date.
Wonderful news.....we will be keeping her in our prayers......how are you doing?
Hugs,
Steffie
What wonderful news!
Post a Comment