Saturday, July 18, 2009
First Hair Cut
I took Sage in for her first "real" haircut yesterday (meaning not me hacking away at her bangs). The gal who cuts everyone else's hair in our family happens to be from China and speaks Cantonese. It was very interesting because she spoke to Sage in Cantonese. While Sage did seem to understand she would not say a thing in response and really clammed up emotionally. It made me sad because she seemed like the quiet little girl we met in China, not the social, lovey girl we have at home now. As soon as we left the salon she was back to her old self jabbering away, "Mama, mama, haircut..." I think the whole situation confused her. I was going to post a few more pictures, but it won't let me. But, this one speaks volumes. You can see it in her face, can't you? Sweet thing, so glad she's home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
OHHHHH....I love her haircut. She is so beautiful. I think I didn't comment before on the cleaning of her eye...have one of the boys do it. It will be the coolest thing for them to tell their friends. Ha ha. Can't wait to see you! LOVE THAT HAIRCUT SAGE!!!
Cute haircut - it looks very grown-up :)
Love the hair cut!
I brought our seven-year-old (home three weeks) to the mall to talk to some Chinese women who work there. She shut down like your daughter did. It took about ten minutes for her to warm up to them, then the flood gates burst and the words spilled out. Q is visually impaired, so I'm not sure she realized the women were Chinese before they spoke. It was a shock to her system!
She looks darling.....I am not surprised she was upset.....but knowing that you are her Momma....I'm sure she was fine in know time! ;)
I love her haircut. It is so cute. I wish your blog would let me know when there are updates. I just saw this one tonight...Ergh.
Post a Comment