I wish I could remember exactly what I was doing three years ago on this day. May 13, 2008. I know we were still living in Marysville. We were pretty wrapped up in trying to get our house sold. Admittedly, my mind was probably not on the adoption process that we were in the midst of at all. But God's funny that way. Just when you are least aware, He's working the hardest. Halfway across the world (quite literally) while I was packing up my life in Marysville and closing out a chapter there, Sage was beginning her journey to us. In that way, this day brings me great joy. But it comes with great sadness when I let myself imagine, even for a moment, Sage... standing in that marketplace...alone. So I try not to think about it much. But today, I just have to. And you, know what? It's okay. Because I know that God's hand was in this from the beginning. I know that He was watching over Sage that day. So she wasn't really alone, and she never will be. Take a listen, she sings the truth better than anything I could type.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Catching up on my feeds in Google Reader and ran across your little gem here. God's ongoing blessings to you guys. If you ever happen to get up this way, give us a holler, if only for a cup of coffee...hot cocoa for the kids. Aidan had his third surgery this week and is doing well.
Loved, loved reading this post! Thank you so much for continuing to share these tidbits of your life with the rest of us!
Post a Comment