Monday, January 4, 2010

The cast is off!

After six weeks and three days, the cast has finally come off!! It is so good to see that cute, scrawny little leg again. Sage did great while the nurse sawed it off. She didn't start crying until he took the cast off all the way and she saw how disgusting her leg looked. :( I didn't put a close-up picture of her leg on here, because it was pretty gross, but the one below cracks me up because the leg with all the bandaids was apparently having sympathy pains, as that was the non-broken leg! After some scrubbing with rubbing alcohol and lots of lotion it began to look "normal" again and Sage settled down. The x-ray showed the break has healed and now we just have to work on walking again. As many of you have seen, she was running in the cast, so this has slowed her down, for now. We'll do some physical therapy, but she will be fine.

Carter desperately wanted to come along to witness the whole process. He took many photos and was generally quite helpful, but the next picture captures a true "Carter" moment.

And then, what we have all been waiting for....a bath!! They are in it as I type. I think it has been an hour now! It's gonna be hard to get her outta there.....

3 comments:

Sue said...

Glad to hear that Sage's fracture healed. I don't blame her for wanting to be in the tub all night after not being able to do it for a long time. Great picture of Carter and the cast.

Kathy T said...

That's why I love that boy. He just cracks me up. So glad Sage healed so well. Maybe you can get a little peace now.

Jenny said...

So glad the cast is off and all is healed. Cute pictures! Carter reminds me of you so much:).