
I finally got a care package off to Sage. The picture was sent to us by Ann at Red Thread China. She runs an online service for China adoptions. She has been so helpful, kind and prompt in all this! Especially since I had NO idea what I was doing. I wrote a letter to the orphanage caretakers explaining who we were and what we were sending as well as some questions we are hoping they will answer (like who named her, what does it mean, is she close to one particular nanny, etc). Ann translated it into Cantonese. I also sent her 8 pictures of our family and she printed them out and labeled each one. I understand that the care takers are good about showing her the album so we won't be complete strangers when we go to get her. We also included a disposable camera in hopes that they will take some photos of Sage at the orphanage so we have more pictures to show her when she is older. The candies you see are for the caretakers and children. We didn't send anything specifically for Sage beside the photo album because from what we understand they won't give it to her anyway since everything is shared amongst the children there. That's okay, we will bring her a special blanket and stuffed animal when we go to pick her up.
We also got updated measurements. She continues to grow at a steady pace. Her head still measures small but it is also growing. I think she may be in 18-24 month clothing. This will be such a change for us, we are use to having these tall children and Sage will be such a little peanut. How adorable is that?? Wow, this is making it feel so real!! Now if only our travel approval would get here! Please pray that we also receive our renewal for our I-600A, an important document we need before we can travel. It expires this month and we have applied for the extension already. And of course, prayers that our TA does indeed arrive this week. Let's get this trip planned already!


5 comments:
This just gets more and more exciting! I can't wait to meet her! Are you going to have her sleep in your room with you for awhile since she is used to being around a lot of other people? I remember other people who have adopted from China have had to do that to kind of help them adjust! So much to think about.... I can't wait. Praying for you guys!
This is such an amazing process. We are looking forward to meeting the Walles 'Peanut'. Till then we will keep Sage and the process in our prayers.
I managed to get some new info from 'Love Without Boundaries' on Shunde. I don't have your email address anymore, but if you'd like me to send it to you, just let me know. Lois lamcbeath@citynet.net
Friday girl.....those TA's need to come on Friday.....I'm praying for us.....
Hi,
I just linked to your site from Steffie's. I want to let you know that we were also warned about our second daughter's small head circumference. She is currently three and has a speech delay but is making lots of progress. Her therapists all comment that she is smart. I have a friend who has adopted two children with smaller head circumferences and they are doing well also. I read the statistics and I know it is worrisome. You can e-mail me if you want to chat.
high-five@comcast.net
Post a Comment