Monday, April 20, 2009

Almost home...

Hi everyone!

We are not sure, but we think our internet connection may expire in a couple of hours. Just in case that is true, we wanted to say thank you for all your prayers and support throughout this journey. We are SO excited to be heading home at last. It is strange, though, because after all the longing for home while we've been here, I know we will miss this place. It is Sage's homeland. We are grateful for the parents that birthed her and those that cared for her at the orphanage. People tell us how lucky she is all the time. I do understand why they say that and I know that on some level it may be true. She would not receive the medical care she deserves if she were to stay here in China. But, that's not why were here, to "save" her. We are here because we wanted to add this beautiful little girl to our family. We are the "lucky" ones. We can't wait for you to meet her.

10 comments:

Amy said...

Prayers for safe travels home, I am excited to continue following your journey with Sage once she is home. I am sure you are ready to be together as a family.
Many Blessings,
Amy

Jay said...

Prayers for a safe journey home and a smooth transition together with your other children...LauraC

Kathy T said...

Prayers for a peaceful and safe journey home. I'm sure there are some other kids and a grandma anxious to meet sage. There are a few more of your friends too.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for faithfully following God's lead. We are all excited to see your family together - for the very first time.
God speed...
Beste'

Unknown said...

Thank you for keeping up with this blog and for the pics. Sage is sooo cute! I loved the pool pics.

Safe journeys home...the plane will probably fascinate her as well.

Love and hugs to you all.

Dar

Sonya said...

Wishing you safe travels and a wonderful homecoming!

Wen said...

Safe travels and almost WELCOME HOME.....I can only imagine what she will think of the airplane and her new home. So many fascinating things to see, touch, learn. Oh, I can't stand it. We can't wait to meet her.....

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to meet her! Safe travels home, and just let us know when she is ready for us! (Do you think she'll like pizza?:-)

Megan said...

Finally! My internet connection has been having major issues and my computer kept crashing every time I tried to log on. You have been in my prayers every day. I can't wait to meet Sage and see you again. I know Payton, Carter, and Risa are as excited to see you guys as you are them. How nice it will be to take Sage to her new home...and to sleep in your own bed again! On your first day with Sage, Gavin and I were looking at your pictures and he glance over at me and said,"mom, why are you crying?" and I told him that I was just excited and that something so unmistakingly beautiful has to mean that God is surrounding them. Then Gavin followed up with something only he would say, "yeah, he is and maybe he is fixing Sage's eye too." He has taken that on in his bedtime prayers now too ;-) He must be feeling the need to make a connection with her, after all he will have to compete for Risa's attention now when we come visit. Ha ha! I will pray for a smooth transition at home and look forward to hearing about the reunion with your other babies.
Love Megan

Wendy said...

I hope your long flight goes by without to much stress....

Safe Flying..

Wendy