Tuesday, April 7, 2009

On our way...

It is hard to believe, but at this time tomorrow we will be on a plane to China! Of course, first we'll be on a plan to San Francisco, but THEN on to China. My mom and our niece, Neomi, both arrived today. Risa is pretty sure she's got a constant playmate for the next two weeks! I know Payton, Carter and Risa are in good hands. We are blessed with many friends in the area who will be driving them to school and games and picking them up for playdates. I am so thankful for all the support we've received.

Right now, everyone is tucked in bed and sound asleep, but I'm not sure I'll be able to. We are leaving the house at 3:30am....yikes! Should I bother going to bed? I am a bundle of nerves right now. Our lives are about to change forever. That kind of change can not be met without both excitement and anxiety. I try to imagine what it will be like to meet Sage for the first time, and I just can't. All I can do is pray. For our little girl who is about to plucked from the place she knows as home and placed into the care of two people who looked different, speak different and act different. But, man, she will be loved beyond imagination. Please pray for safety as we travel, for peace in little Sage's soul, for patience for us as we try to help her adjust to her new family, for wisdom to know how to do that, for Payton, Carter and Risa that they may not miss us too much!, and for my mom and Neomi as they care for them while we're away. Thank you for all your support in this journey. God has blessed us, He has guided us, and I know He will continue to hold us as we venture to China to finally receive our little girl....Sage Yunyi Walles.

Next post will be from China!!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Have a safe trip and wish you an easy transition with your sweet Sage.

Nancy
Nb Canada

Jennifer said...

I am praying that your first meeting goes smooth. It's got to be scary for her, but I know that God is watching over all of you. I can't wait until she is adjusted and ready to meet everyone! PRAYING for safe travels! And praying for the three kids at home who are anxiously waiting to meet their new sister!

Sonya said...

Thinking of you all!

Jay said...

I have been thinking of you all day knowing you are on your way. Many prayers will be said for you as you travel. I can't wait to see pictures of you together!!!
Laura