Hello everyone!
Thank you so much for all your words of support and encouragement! I am grateful for the internet and the connection in provides to friends and family, it means the world to us.
It is amazing what a little sleep and nourishment can do for the soul. Bill woke up feeling much better yesterday. We went down for breakfast and we were all able to eat a good meal. Sage still had the fried noodles, but we got her to branch out a little to some ham and a banana muffin. We have found the play room here at the hotel to be a heaven sent place for us. Sage enjoys seeing the other children that come in to play. She loves the balls in there and passing out blocks to everyone. Sage really is so little, which is probably okay right now because developmentally she is lagging behind and acts more like her size, if that makes sense. From what I've read it is important for them to go back and experience the stages they may have missed in orphanage care, so we will likely have to treat her more like a toddler than a 3 year old for a while to help with her development.
We're off to breakfast, I will write more later (the internet is working in our room again!!)


7 comments:
What a cutie!! Sage is really blossoming. I'm glad you both are feeling better. Many prayers are being answered - yours and ours.
See you in a week...
Love, Beste'
Great picture and glad you're having a better day!
Reading your blog has caused me to reflect on how only very special people can go on this journey of adoption. You and Bill have the strength, love, faith & sense of humor to enjoy this journey and persevere when things get tough. Sage is blessed to be part of the Walles family as you are blessed to have little Sage join you to become the Walles 6!
Hi Friend! I think of you guys everyday! The girls did so well together yesterday. So well! They played dress up, doctor and turned our living room into a tent city where they played school bus, nurse on the school bus and food maker on the school bus. I love what they dream up! We were driving from your home to Little Gym and Risa pipes up from the very back seat and says "April do you know how to say Excuse me miss in catonese?" I don't so she taught me! :) It was so sweet and dear. We miss you so much and can't wait to hug you all.
What a doll! So glad to hear everyone is feeling better!
She can't help but fall in love with her new mommy and daddy. Prayers are with you for patience, understanding, and acceptance. God is in control.
Cassie and I LOVED the picture of little Sage today. She looks so happy and so cute....glad to hear it was a better day today. I think that may be going around! Enjoy your next few days together getting to know know one another. We are praying for you here.
Love, Wen
Awww... so cute!
I'm glad that you all are better rested and feeling better. What a sweet sweet visual of you rocking Sage and comforting her during the night.
Soon you will be home and surrounded by the people you love.
Post a Comment